To protect and expand fairness, equity and freedom through community engagement, building power, policy advocacy, and impact litigation.
A just and fair society in which all can participate, prosper, and reach their full potential.
As a nonpartisan organization committed to fulfilling the aspirations of the Bill of Rights, the ACLU of San Diego and Imperial Counties believes in:
- The innate equality and dignity of every human being
- The principled, non-partisan defense of fundamental rights
- Informed, engaged, and empowered communities
- Authentic partnerships and collaborative relationships
- “Equity” as an integral part of all we do.
The ACLU of San Diego & Imperial Counties fights for individual rights and fundamental freedoms for all through education, litigation, & policy advocacy.