The ACLU of San Diego and Imperial Counties fights for individual rights and fundamental freedoms for all through education, litigation, and policy advocacy.
We envision a society where fairness prevails and where liberty and justice exist for all.
As a nonpartisan organization committed to fulfilling the aspirations of the Bill of Rights, the ACLU of San Diego and Imperial Counties believes in:
- The dignity and equality of every human being
- Vigilance against abuse of power
- The principled approach rather than the convenient one when individuals’ rights are at stake
- Speaking truth to power even when it is unpopular to do so
- Fairness and respect in human and organizational interactions
- An educated and participatory public
The ACLU of San Diego & Imperial Counties fights for individual rights and fundamental freedoms for all through education, litigation, & policy advocacy.