Job Announcement: Business Manager
The ACLU of San Diego & Imperial Counties (ACLU-SDIC) is seeking a full-time Business Manager to join our dynamic, growing organization.
About the ACLU of San Diego & Imperial Counties
The ACLU-SDIC is a civil liberties and civil rights organization that uses the tools of litigation, legislation, policy, communications, and organizing to advance equality, freedom, and justice. Our ACLU affiliate covers the length of California’s border with Mexico. It has 35 staff, 23 board members, and an annual budget of $4.8 million. The San Diego ACLU works closely with the national ACLU headquartered in New York, as well as with the ACLU affiliates headquartered in Los Angeles and San Francisco. Together, the three California affiliates have more than 290,000 members and 200 staff in California.
In addition to our sister organizations, the ACLU values partnerships and collaboration with community organizations and groups across the state.
The successful candidate will be responsible for bookkeeping and related financial and administrative duties for the affiliate under the supervision of the Deputy Director and in cooperation with other staff and the Board of Directors.
- Conduct financial reporting and office management of a nonprofit
- Work expertly in QuickBooks
- Work with the Deputy Director in developing and monitoring the annual budget
- Administer and manage all accounting systems, including AP, AR, bank reconciliation, general ledger entries, payroll and financial reports, and reconciliation with national organization
- Work with independent auditor, especially during annual audit
- Report income and work with fundraising and membership databases
- Audit vacation and sick time
- Maintain reports for lobbying time and expenses
- Process documentation for new employees, maintain personnel files and perform designated HR functions to assist Deputy Director and Executive Administrator
- Create, edit, revise, and maintain policies and procedures for accounting department
- Other duties as needed or assigned by Deputy Director
- Extensive experience in QuickBooks
- BA in Accounting or Business Administration
- 5+ years experience managing accounts in an accounting environment
- Experience working on audits
- Experience in budget design and implementation
- Excellent organizational, oral, written and interpersonal skills
- Strong oral and communication skills
- Ability to work well with and respond to multiple staff people
- Knowledge of computer hardware and network systems
- Experience working with the internet, databases, Office 365
- Ability to work independently requiring little or no supervision
- Commitment to the protecting and advancing civil liberties and civil rights
- Should be familiar with the mission of the ACLU
Salary & Benefits: Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits.
Application Procedure: Interested individuals must send a cover letter, resume, list of five references, and salary history, preferably by e-mail to [email protected] or by mail to:
ACLU of San Diego & Imperial Counties
ATTN: Deputy Director
PO Box 87131
San Diego, CA 92138-7131
The ACLU is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women, people of color, persons with disabilities, lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender individuals, and veterans.