Job Announcement: Development Assistant
ACLU Foundation of San Diego and Imperial Counties
The ACLUF-SDIC is a not-for-profit 501(c)3 civil liberties and civil rights organization working to advance equality, freedom, and justice, and while there are many ACLU offices around the country, our work covers the length of California’s border with Mexico.
We work collaboratively with our sister affiliates in California, along the U.S-Mexico border, and with the National ACLU. In addition to our sister organizations, the ACLU values partnerships and collaboration with community organizations and groups across the state and along the border.
The ACLUF-SDIC has a proven track record of success combining litigation, policy advocacy, legislation, research and analysis, public education, strategic communications, and community organizing to achieve meaningful social change.
As we move into a new era and face dangerous policies that threaten our civil rights and civil liberties, we remain dedicated to confronting these issues and defending the progress we have made. We must use our decades of experience in impact litigation, legislative advocacy, and organizing to fight these un- Constitutional policies and protect our most cherished rights and freedoms.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual, eager to take on an unparalleled opportunity to be a part of our fundraising operation across San Diego and Imperial Counties. Fundraising is our key to success and an integral part of our ability to ensure civil liberties.
Reporting to the Donor Relations Manager the Development Assistant is responsible for providing support in planning, managing, and implementing our multi-faceted fundraising program.
Your Major Responsibilities Will Include:
- Managing and maintaining confidential fundraising information in the donor database and holding primary responsibility for data entry, queries, report building, and acknowledgements;
- Conducting research on prospects identified by the development team as potential sources of funds;
- Providing high-quality service to members, supporters, and potential supporters through frequent communication;
- Preparing information and for prospective donors and manage donor recognition;
- Supporting development fundraising and cultivation events;
- Completing special projects and other duties as needed or assigned by development staff, Executive Director or Deputy Director.
- Working with the national office to develop and implement database and systems protocols
- Providing support and systems for all development department operations
Please Do Not Apply Unless You Have
- A demonstrable commitment to civil liberties and civil rights;
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in an office environment;
- Excellent organization skills: a strong, consistent attention to detail, ability to meet tight deadlines, and the ability to follow through on work assignments with a minimum of direct supervision;
- A commitment to equity, in matters of race, ethnicity, age, gender, sexualorientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, ability and socio-economic circumstances.
About Our Culture
We are a diverse workforce and take pride in our ability to attract and retain employees with a huge array of backgrounds and experiences. We work hard but we also like to celebrate our successes. We take the time to high-five, eat together, and celebrate together.
Salary dependent on experience. Excellent benefits include four weeks paid vacation; 13 office holidays; medical and dental insurance for staff members, and their families; life- and long-term disability insurance; and 401(k) plan with employer match.
Please submit a cover letter explaining your interest in and qualifications for the position as detailed in this announcement, a current resume, names and contact information of three professional references (including at least one supervisor), Kindly put “ACLUF-SDIC Development Assistant – your name” in the subject line of your email. If possible, please combine all documents into one PDF file.
Electronic applications are preferred. Please email to [email protected].
However, hard-copy applications can be mailed to:
ACLU of San Diego & Imperial Counties
ATTN: Deputy Director
PO Box 87131
San Diego, CA 92138-7131
The ACLU is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women, people of color, persons with disabilities, lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender individuals, veterans, and people with arrest records and/or convictions.