Research Your Legislators
Published: February 28, 2019
Establishing relationships with your elected officials is a vital part of creating long lasting change.
In order to do so, it’s important to do some initial research. The California legislature’s websites are a valuable resource for information on your legislators and the legislative process. It’s where you go to:
- • Find your legislators
• Research your assembly members and senators
• Find contact information for state assembly members and senators
• Find out which bills have been introduced and where they are in the process
• Find out which legislators sit on which committees in the Senate and in the Assembly
• Listen to committee hearings, testimony, and floor sessions either live or, in most case, recorded, in the Assembly and in the Senate
Additional sources of information:
- • Find live and recorded audio of committee and floor hearings on CalChannel
• Follow @ACLU_CAP on Twitter for breaking news and coverage
• Sign up to receive ACLU San Diego & Imperial Counties e-mails for breaking news and legislative action alerts.
• Check out our 2018 legislative scorecard to find out how your legislator scored on key ACLU bills